Monday, September 10, 2012

Mehendi

So, the event I actually came for, my friends wedding is coming up on Wednesday. We have purchased Kanchipuram Sarees, reception Sarees, dinner Sarees, silver jewelry and rented some gold temple jewlery.  Last night Nyasha and I got Mehendi for Sharanya's wedding. These are traditional South Indian designs done with henna. It is left on all night and itches like crazy! 

Mehendi isn't just pretty it is also considered to be a good omen. The deeper the color gets the deeper the love in marriage will be and the longer the marriage will last. In theory, anyway. As you can see from the pics, I have issues. My feet didn't get very dark. Lucky for Sharanya and Chetan, Nyasha's hands turned out well. 



1 comment:

  1. Henna doesn't get very dark on fair skin because it is generally less oily than dark skin.

    Try applying some coconut oil on your henna tattoos the next time and it will color better

    ReplyDelete